Preparation Time: time for soaking and grinding
Cook Time: approximately 1 min per dose or pancake
- 3 cups sona masoori rice(uncooked)
- 1 cup black gram(urad dal)
- 1/2 cup bengal gram(channa dal or kadale bele)
- 1/4 cup beaten rice(poha or avalakki)
- 1 tspn fenugreek seeds(menthya)
- Ghee for roasting
- Salt to taste
Heat a griddle. As the griddle starts getting warm, pour in a laddle full of batter in the middle of the griddle and spread it around as shown in the pic. Keep the heat on medium. Add a few drops of ghee around the outer and inner circles. Let it get roasted.
As you see the colour changing from white to brown, slowly flip the dose and let it for a min.
The dose is ready to be served. It tastes better with a dot of butter at the end!
Serve it with onion-potato fry and coconut chutney.
Do not replace ghee with oil. You will not get the taste of masala dose if you replace it.